Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The World is Flat

Christopher Columbus was wrong.  The World is Flat.  Or at least, my world.  Horizontally Opposed Pistons are the name of the game around where I work.  Not just one type of engine.  Not just in one car.  Everything, it's the Subaru Boxer Engine.  So when BlipShift came out with this shirt design, it was tough to pass up.  As evidenced by the photo to the left, I jumped on it and have been feeling so much more... balanced today!

For those that don't know, a bit of a lesson in engine design.  This is really one of the things that amazed me about Subaru when I first started looking for cars.  It's efficient and simple.  The lower center of gravity helps with balance that the AWD feeds off of.  The way Subaru has paired this engine with their Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive just makes so much sense!

This isn't the salesman in me trying to pitch a product.  I sell these cars because I love them, not the other way around.  This is the enthusiast that latched on to Subaru the more I learned about it that led me to purchase one, believe in the car, and now I help others discover the same love for driving that I did.  At the core of all of this is that iconic Flat 4 engine.  I eat, sleep, and breathe Subaru... so my world is flat.  And now I've just got a shirt that makes sure you know.

1 comment: