When I took it to work today, I had compliments from co-workers who have watched this car transform from a rusty bucket to a work-in-progress to something that's noteworthy. Not only that, but two customers at work asked to take a closer look at it in the parking lot. One of them even took a picture of it and sent it to his friend. "He's gonna love this!"
This new "Rally Livery" features the logos for parts that make this RS work the way it does. They're not on for show or in a sticker-bomb fashion. Each represents a piece working together with the others to make this a great little rallycross car and I'm proud to "fly their banner" wherever I drive. Some are also lesser-known brands, so I hope this car acts as good exposure for them as I take it to meets, races, and other events. Just as there is still space on the sides for more, there's also still room for more improvement. As I said from the start, this car will never really be completed as long as I own it, but it's certainly making it fun!
Today, as I took a minute to be proud of the work done thus far, I decided to take a look at everything that has gone into this project since it's start in 2013. Here's a short video covering all the repairs and improvements made just under two years so far.
There's more in store for this car. Not just for looks, but for wringing out more performance. By October, I'm hoping to have this car prepped and ready to kick ass at the next NRSCCA Rallycross event! Got some time to get it there and more room to improve! Still, I'll probably take a little vacation from the busywork for a week or two and just enjoy the car as it sits.