We've already started digging in to this car. A thorough cleaning on the interior and a new clutch slave were taken care of over the weekend with the help of 3 of my good friends / fellow owners. The previous owner must've had a killer sound system in here, as we removed a good 20 pounds of audio cable hidden under door sills and underneath seats. A plug in the firewall will need to be installed to fill in where the main power was running off the battery for this sound system. We also removed one of the front steel wheels to inspect the suspension to confirm what we already knew: struts are toast on this car. Speaking of steel wheels, the front two wheels are steel with winter tires mounted on them. The back two are mismatched all-season tires with the factory alloy wheels on there. The other two alloy wheels were in the back, which I removed when cleaning the trunk.
Aki's GC4, which will lend a hand with this project. Plans to pull parts from his Impreza L are already underway.
I'm learning a ton from folks who are helping with this project. What it'll end up as is still quite the question mark, but there's no doubt in my mind that this RS will be making anyone who's behind the wheel smile. I'm glad to be a part of it!