Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Rally Joyride!

October has really been a lot of fun for adventuring.  From the Gravel Express Cruise that I planned with the NSOC to discovering a new road in Iowa that has quickly become my favorite gravel/dirt route so far, we made a lot of Subarus dusty and muddy.

I was afraid drizzly weather would dampen our fun at the Gravel Express event, but the few folks who were brave enough to make it had a ball.  We nabbed some nice pictures, had some memorable moments (including driving the RS into a ditch), and had a great event overall.

After the cruise, one of the drivers told me about this road over in Iowa that he enjoys.  Once he told me how to get there, it didn't take me long to want to venture out and see what he was talking about firsthand.  A good friend of mine accompanied me as we discovered this fantastic road winding through the bluffs south of Glenwood, IA.  The views were spectacular and the roads were probably the most fun I've traversed in this area.  We're already planning another cruise to bring more cars with us to enjoy this route together.  Should be a lot of fun!

There are more photos of both adventures in my Flickr album.
Glenwood Glee
Gravel Express Cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment