Friday, October 4, 2013

Sparks Fly



Both Subarus saw sparks today, though they were from very different sources.  The first was the project car: this 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS that's been getting all sorts of TLC from the community.  Among it's recent list of repairs, a new exhaust was welded on to where the previous one had... well... just fallen off in a parking lot.  Got a neat shot of Tony at Russ' Garage putting the work into get that finished up.  It's an older exhaust off an STi, so it's still got a little attitude to it, but for now, it's just something that was needed on the RS.  Other work was completed on the car today too that I'll get into later.

Later that night, I had my 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Hatchback out doing some storm chasing.  Usually I focus on the lightning and getting neat shots there, but I figured I'd sneak one in of the Impreza that turned out pretty neat.  Thunder roared overhead as a severe thunderstorm, possibly packing a tornado threat, moved over the area.  Needless to say, both cars took shelter in the garage overnight to avoid any unpleasant outcome this storm could've brought.  Still, even when I was driving through the bands of torrential rain, that Subaru drove like it was 72 degrees and Sunny... with the windshield wipers on for some reason.


No comments:

Post a Comment