Along with the new EJ25 short block, we rebuilt the heads, resealed valves, cleaned valves and valve seats as needed, and sealed it up with a OEM Master Gasket Kit. It's bolted up tight with ARP head studs. The turbo has been rebuilt along with a Perrin Up Pipe to delete one of the unnecessary catalytic converters. To improve oil circulation, we replaced the stock oil pan with a '06 WRX STI oil pan along with a matching dipstick for proper oil level readings. The Water Pump, Timing Belt, and all of the pretensioners were replaced as well as a handful of sensors and hoses that were going bad.
After 1,000 miles of break-in, I'll put Full Synthetic oil back in and call it a day. Outside of the head studs, up-pipe and STI oil pan, the rest of the replacement components were all OEM parts. It took us awhile to get all of this done, but most of it was just waiting on parts to arrive. Most of the major things were in stock but some of the hoses and lifters required a special order from Subaru.
All-in-all with everything buttoned up, this Baja should be good to go for awhile. Basic maintenance is easy for me to keep up on, so as long as this turbo truck is mine, it'll be running happy and healthy.