Monday, July 22, 2013

Little Trip, Big Help



This past weekend my Fiance and I traveled to a friend's wedding out of town.  We both played in a brass quintet for the ceremony.  The music was written by the groom, a fantastic musician and longtime friend of ours.  From the rehearsal to the tear down at the reception and everything in-between, it was just an all-around good time.  I'm really glad we were able to be part of their special day!

Didn't know my Subaru would come in handy until it was time to pack up the sound system from the reception hall.  Luckily, we folded the seats down in my Impreza and were able to get the speakers and sound board loaded up and back to the church.  The Impreza got us 36.6 mpg total for the 280 mile round trip, so we barely made it past the half-tank mark.  A solid ride back and forth meant peace-of-mind so my fiance and I could talk about all the fun we had at their wedding and all the fun we hope to have at ours next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment