Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Winter Mode: Hyper Blue STI

Sure, I've got two Subarus so I could technically leave my STI in the garage all winter... but what's the fun in that?  As such, I've upgraded my winter wheels for this season and I'm pretty stoked with how things turned out with this setup.  I've got Method 501 Rally Wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports for the summer and now Method 502 Rally Wheels with General Altimax Arctic winter tires for the snowy winter months!

While my summer wheels are 18s, these are 17s.  I figured more sidewall wouldn't be a bad idea and they clear my Brembo brake calipers perfectly.  The dimensions are 17x8 with +38 Offset so these Method Rally Wheels fill out the wheel wells nicely.  These include a hub ring for Subaru fitment (56.1mm hubs) just like the other Method 501s I have for summer.

The General Arctic Altimax winter tires have served me well before on other cars, so I lucked out when I found a set that had hardly been used.  This tire and wheel combo will not only serve me well in the wintertime with the STI, but also be a great set to use when I play in the dirt with the NRSCCA Rallycross program.  I plan on using this car more for racing in the coming season but I didn't want to scale down my brake calipers to fit 15" rally wheels and tires.  Winter tires seem to do well in rallycross competition, so we'll see how these do!

Overall I'm really happy with the setup and how it looks!  Now we just need some snow to play in and some rallycross events to enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment