Thursday, March 17, 2016

Fueling Up for 100AW

Today my friend Colin and I drove down to Salem MO to be part of the Rally in the 100 Acre Wood.  We're volunteering as course marshals for the event and have been looking forward to attending for quite awhile.  After we had signed in and completed registration for the event, we needed to fill up my Higgins-Blue WRX STI to make it back to our hotel.  The gas station we fueled up at was a winner... and here's why.



Agatino Fortunato of the All Fours Rally Team and David Higgins of Subaru Rally Team USA both happened to be fueling up at this gas station.  Several photos and laughs and geek-out sessions later, we actually fueled up my WRX STI and left with smiles that hurt our cheekbones.

Not only was this an unforgettable chance to meet my rally heroes, but it also showed me just how down-to-earth these guys are.  They seemed just as excited to see me and my blue-baru as I was to meet these awesome drivers!  David even went so far as to ask to have a seat in my Series.HyperBlue WRX STI and shared a photo on his social media outlets shortly after.  

So, uhh... yeah.  This rally hasn't even started and I am LOVING it so far!  I'm beyond stoked to see what the next two days bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment