Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Welsh Co-Driver

Wales. A country that is part of the United Kingdom and the island of Great Britain, bordered by England to its east, the Irish Sea to its north and west, and the Bristol Channel to its south.  Somewhere nestled in there are some of the most amazing rally stages on planet Earth.  Which means there's some great rally drivers that call those roads home.  And I happen to have a great Welsh Co-Driver!

This is Daphne.  She's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and she's the Co-Driver for my Rallycross car.  Somewhere between the wet nose marks on the windows and the Milkbone crumbs on the seat, she has made the passenger spot in my RS Coupe home. 

To her dismay, she isn't my co-driver for actual rallycross events.  However, if we go to the pet store or a park or ::the vet:: she's usually along for the ride.  I work long hours at the dealership, but I have Thursdays off.  That's usually when she gets the most "seat time" running errands with me.  We also seem to have a tradition of going our for a quick drive on Sunday mornings to get "mom" some coffee.  Sometimes she'll even keep me company when I'm working on my car in the garage or driveway.

Jealous?  You bet you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment