- Meet up at Fantasy's Food N Fuel (7828 S 123rd Plaza La Vista, NE 68128) at 8:30am
- Drive together to I-80 Speedway (13909 238th St, Greenwood, NE 68366) at approx 9:00am
- Prepare vehicles - change tires, check fluid levels, make necessary adjustments
- Walk the Course - veterans will help new drivers familiarize themselves with the course
- Co-Driving Opportunities - new drivers can ride along with seasoned veterans to gain advice and experience
- Mid-Day Evaluation - At the lunchbreak, new drivers can assess their progress and pick up more tips to improve on their times before the second half of the event
- Teardown Assistance - gather up cones and flags, help swap tires back and load gear back up before departure.
Most of these sort of things already happen, but most people that are new to rallycross don't know what to expect. I think more people would participate knowing that there will be support and assistance to make the day great. Technically, it's what we already do, but by promoting this event and spreading the word about what we do and going through what they can expect, it's much more inviting to new drivers.
The aim is to get more drivers to attend and help grow the program, but we can't do that without retaining participants. I think that by providing a supportive environment to everyone that we can get more people to return event after event for rallycross.