Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Playground - Dirt Course

Last night I went and hit some gravel roads with a good friend of mine who recently picked up a Legacy GT Wagon.  We had a lot of fun twisting through winding gravel roads near the Platte River, using much of the same route for the Gravel Express cruise I organized last fall.  When I got home that night, I found myself wanting to return to the dirt course that was near my home.  I set out the next morning to explore the ever-changing landscape that is "The Playground".

About a month ago, I feared that the days of this dirt paradise would be over.  Concrete paths now occupy the majority of the course I had once practiced on (see the original course >here< ).  However, new paths have emerged that remain unpaved and are slightly more challenging than the smooth flowing course I used last fall.  The course is longer than my original route and actually crosses over from one side of the man-made lake to the next thanks to a 6-foot-wide land bridge that has been added.  Despite the rain, I decided to take a crack at the new landscape with the RS.  The video is admittedly shaky, as I don't own a GoPro, but it's the best I could come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment