2016 WRX STI, the first thing I knew I'd need to do was build something to channel air properly from the intake to the intercooler. It's been about a year now since I got the hood and my temporary solution (a hacked-up piece of the OEM shroud) is just that: temporary. Now that I've got some time, some ideas, and a deadline... it's time to get crackin!
That deadline, by the way, is this car's longest trip to-date. I'm headed from my home in the Midwest to New Hampshire to watch the New England Forest Rally. Since I don't feel comfortable driving 3,000 miles (round trip) with a temporary fix, that means this needs to be complete before I head out.
Currently I'm mocking up pieces of cardboard to find clearances and build up a model that can be measured for dimensions to build the actual piece. It's a lot of trial and error, but when one side is done, the other side is mirrored so getting the initial fitment is key. Once that's all sorted, it'll get measured and built! More progress to come later!