Thursday, August 14, 2014

Dusty Trails

Decided to blow the dust off my '12 Impreza Hatchback by putting a fresh coat of dust on it like I used to.  My focus has been on the RS Revival for so long that I neglected to do much outside of commuting to work in my sporty hatch.  What better way to do this than by bringing a friend along and tearing up my favorite dirt road in the area!  The Waubonsie Loop of the Loess Hills National Scenic Byway is full of winding gravel and dirt roads, but this one section (just south of Glenwood, IA) takes the cake.

The fella in the dark blue RS sedan just picked that machine up.  It reminds me a lot of how the RS Revival started out, as it has many of the same problems that we've tackled for almost a year on the silver coupe.  Shot suspension or not, he also had a great time getting sideways on these awesome roads.  With one of his buddies riding shotgun, it was great to have them along for the ride.  They had never been up this way, so it was fun being their tour guide for this slice of rally heaven.

More pictures can be found in this Flickr Album> Glenwood Glee

No comments:

Post a Comment