Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Opposites Attract

From Boston to Seattle, Subaru will be hosting the 2014 Performance Tour "Opposites Attract" for local salesmen and saleswomen to attend.  I will be among them, checking out the 2015 Subaru WRX, 2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid, and 2015 Subaru WRX STI both in training and behind the wheel on a closed course.

The event I'll be attending will be held in the second week of April.  I'm not only a salesman for Subaru, but also an enthusiast at heart, so I'm pretty excited for the opportunity to drive the new WRX and WRX STI. A few weeks ago, the WRX made a quick stop at our dealership, so I was able to sit in it and see the car in-person for the first time.  We weren't allowed to drive it, so now I'm itching for the chance to feel the new manual gearbox in both the WRX and WRX STI.  I'm also interested to see how the CVT feels in this.

The event also features the Crosstrek Hybrid, which stopped by our dealership back in November of 2013.  Now, the Hybrid has been out on dealership lots since January and I've had a chance to drive it quite a bit.  Just last week I handed the keys of a Plasma Green Pearl Hybrid to a happy new owner, so I'm pretty familiar with it by now.  I'm interested to see if there's still more to learn about the Hybrid, but as of now, I don't see how it fits in with the other two.  The event is called "Opposites Attract" so obviously there's some kind of connection between the rally-bred WRX line and the greener XV Crosstrek Hybrid.  Either way, it should be a fun event and a nice break from the daily grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment